Financial assistance will be provided for anyone who meets the established income guidelines. Funds made available for financial assistance are provided through the YMCA's Annual Giving Campaign. Financial assistance is available for all programs offered by the Greater Kingsport Family YMCA, including membership.
- Assistance will be awarded on the basis of financial need.
- Scholarship eligibility will be reviewed every year or as deemed necessary.
- Failure to list all income and verification statements will result in denial of financial assistance.
- The Y strives to award financial assistance responsibly and for those primarily using the YMCA facility. We reserve the right to make subjective decisions to best support the mission of the Y.
HOW TO APPLY
Follow these instructions carefully to prevent delay in processing your application:
- Complete the Membership Assistance Application or Afterschool/Camp Assistance Application in full.
- Documentation of household income:
- Copy of Tax Return (ex. 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ)
- Two consecutive pay stubs
- Verification of any other income/assistance received (ex. Housing assistance, alimony, food stamps, student loan income, child support, etc.)
- Return your completed application and all supporting income documentation to the Y.
- Someone will contact you within 5 business days, regarding your qualification.
Membership Financial Assistance
Child Care Financial Assistance